Monday, September 16, 2013

Feng Shui A way to De-Clutter and Downsize


One from the highlights of my summer 'vacation' was to downsize!!! Many of my home buying clients are downsizing to be able to, for example: 1) onvert the lawnmower and save big time on yard maintenance, 2) move into a lesser home, town home, or condo in your master bedroom on the only level - for stair-free take-home pay, or 3) move to some type of assisted care facility - as an easier, less-stressed lifestyle.

For lots of reasons, I decided to pass from my approx. 1650 sq. ft. home into probably the most 1-BDR apartment! Wow - question, this would be these kinds of "extreme makeover" - also borers an "extreme exercise" a few instances downsizing and de-cluttering! However, moving into a new space was a perfect opportunity should employ Feng Shui guidelines for de-cluttering.

Here are 7 questions I asked myself - to take care of de-clutter and downsize into the my new, much really small digs! And to acknowledge the root of these 'Seven "Clear a painless Way" Questions, ' they are saying listed on p. 21 for a book written by Terah Kathryn Collins, The Western Help guide to Feng Shui - Power by Room. For every item that I was prone to move (or get rid of), I asked:

1 - Will i love it?

2 - Will i need it?

3 - Does it reflect who I are and who I'm building?

4 - Does it be an energy-boosting affirmation me?

5 - What positive and/or negativity, memories, or emotions will i associate with it?

6 - Does it have to be fixed or replaced, and am I willing to get this done now?

7 - If you're ready to let it go, will i sell, lend, or give it away, and when?

The reality was that I must be moved in by August 1st - thus had a specific deadline Got to meet. This was healthy, of course - because now I was forced to face all of that stuff - in my closets, drawers, attic, as well as, garage.... boxes of papers, items of clothing I needed not worn in nights, multiple sets of containers, old pieces of furniture that i will paint "someday, the reason is etc.

My good neighbor and professional organizer, Katrina Solomon, requires a favorite definition of clutter that i have adopted: clutter values postponed decisions and past due action. And all of the clutter naturally i had accumulated before too long had become invisible - as yet!

One of the reasons I embraced the matter of moving to an entirely smaller space was because - like so many of us today - I had begun to feel very overwhelmed who have stressed with trying to maintain a variety of vulnerable and professional obligations and commitments. And I knew intuitively that when I began the various aspects of simplifying and organizing to the fact that net effect might be a feeling of being more responsible, less stressed, more inspired - and there was more time and energy for new projects and creative attempt. Well, it has all counted beautifully! I have amazing energy, excitement - and impression re-energized and rejuvenated.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment