Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Does an individual Make Money Playing a person Accordion?


Absolutely! As being accordion and/or button box is indeed , versatile and mobile, celebrate it the perfect program for on-the-go performances/gigs.

My love for a large accordion began when I was a young boy and I would wrist watch my mother play - with the food prep, in the bedroom and somewhere else she felt like hikes to!

I grew to enjoy the beautiful, sweet sounds and long afterwards I married and moved out of the house, I decided to acquire formal lessons. It wasn't previous I started to really catch on and my repertoire of songs began to accumulate.

One day, to get that fun of it, I left my name and phone number with a local Nursing Home saying I would be willing to play for the residents, should they want entertainment sometime. About one year afterwards, I got an wage advance call saying their standing accordionist vital to cancel an event just how in which ready to begin within a couple hours and should i fill in?

I immediately said "yes! " then quickly reviewed what music I will play, grabbed my accordion and flew across town. I was thrilled to get the opportunity and it sprang out totally voluntary on organization part. I was not expecting as a consequence of, nor did we work out pay.

I arrived at the Nursing Home where they were hosting an outdoor event. I played in my opinion hour. Everyone started clapping notwithstanding music, others got upward and danced. It felt best to see everyone enjoying as well. At the end each program, the activity director came forth to me and went me $40, cash. I informed her I didn't expect success, that I was within a beginner, but she was adamant.

Thus began my part time work of playing music for folks who were shut in or other small events. I was your full-time job, but are able to manage small gigs quietly. I also did you are not selected gigs, especially during the christmas holidays.

I learned these kind of places all have accessories for activities, and they are created from willing to pay in direction of services. Of course, the family willingly take volunteers really.

You might want to make note of there are many other musicians who also frequent the Nursing Homes simultaneously Assisted Living Facilities so sometimes you do want to book yourself in advance currently being a places have a popular schedule of musical motions, so you might be unable to just book in the immediate future.

Because you can just pick up your accordion the places go, and because you have no other accompaniment deploying it, it makes the unmistakable instrument for gigs. I learned there presently exist many opportunities from Nursing Homes/Assisted Living, young boys and girls parties, Christmas and other holiday events to play and earn odds of money while doing something you really love to do - play the accordion!

And, however, the pay is never little. Some pay quite nicely. Though it should be your goal to play if you've ever possible, you do not need to be ultra perfect. Most any of the events are low-keyed and also informal.

Hopefully, my experience will inspire a section of you "closet accordionists" to leave there share your art, voluntarily or for a fee. It is also a wonderful way to continue to promote and keep alcohol playing the accordion one's! I hope I sparked your adrenalin. Be confident and proud to help play such a owing instrument that almost nobody else you know can playback!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment