Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pork Rinds Are Healthy and various Lies We Tell


This week an administrator within of my buildings asked me to talk with a female resident about her diet. I will know this as resident "Ethel". Ethel chronically complains i am and the staff from about her food. She said meals from the Nursing Home kitchen is simply "greasy" and "spicy". She also stated she had two strokes and it was the Nursing Home food. What she did not tell me on my prior beliefs was she had a staff buying her food. The workers member provided me Ethel's grocery list. The list included Engulf Jack cheese, Vienna sausage and fried pork rinds. In my opinion approached Ethel about her grocery list, Ethel responded, "Pork Rinds turning out to be healthy. Besides, I only started eating them the colored gal here. She's my friend" I shot back inside my usual dry humor, "Ethel an enormously color is she"? Ethel shouted, "You know what color the girl is, she's your color! " I didn't want to upset her then i asked if I might possibly explain the situation to be aware her friend. Ethel make me aware her friend died six months ago from a stroke. I realized at that time Ethel was not wherein "connecting the dots. "

Ethel's lack of understanding is justifiable. She has a decides schizophrenia and a nice education. Anyone in the 21st century who in order to another grown woman as a "colored gal" is not obviously cognizant to change. Furthermore, pork rinds are advertised because carbohydrate food therefore we know low carbohydrate food equals well balanced meals, right? Now, I are likely to discuss some other untruths we tell:

1. Size does not matter.

Let me explain my position. You should feel good about yourself no matter degree you weigh. I have no problem so that you can wear a bikini about a beach and weigh 600 pounds. This is not just your self-esteem; it is just your health. If there are a BMI (body mass index) a lot more than 25, you are heading for developing type II diabetes mellitus. If you already have type II diabetes, losing 5% to 7% of the entire body (10 to 14 pounds to ensure that you weigh 200 pounds) escalate your blood sugar. It is not necessary to look like Kate Moss to manipulate your diabetes.

2. Only people who exercises get proper exercise.

The National Weight Control Registry is definitely an organization that monitors those who lost at least 40 pounds and kept the weight off a couple year. The average weight loss of the participants is 66 pounds as well as your average time of maintaining how much they weigh is five years. By means of the registry, walking is the most significant exercise. Most of the participants walk daily. You can start slowly by walking for 10 minutes before starting. You can also burn fat by cleaning your your interior, gardening or washing your vehicle. You can even exercise in your own chair. Just move!

3. Eating at restaurants is cheaper than baking.

Eating at McDonald's actually the nearest buffet may be more convenient than cooking at home but it's definitely not cheaper. Besides, processed food is not for less than whole food. You can make more chips over the bag of potatoes since buying a bag of potato chips; however I would and never recommend it. The old credo "time is money" imply apply either. Think of how much time and cash are wasted with extra doctor visits or medications because you did not overcome your health. Plus, think your own time lost because you die previous to you intended.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment